When you are looking for a way to delete a telegram account, things may get tricky if you don’t know the right step-by-step process.
Here, we’ll see the exact way how you can delete your telegram account permanently.
Telegram has made significant advancements in the field of privacy, like the launch of Secret Chat feature, but still, there are loopholes that can prove to be dangerous for the users.
The fact that regular chats of Telegram are saved on its servers makes it a bit concerning to rest the privacy in such hands. Secret chats alone can not be a sole weapon to fight privacy thieves as not everybody uses that.
In recent history, Telegram has faced a number of issues regarding the security arrangements. In 2017, hackers wielded a Unicode bug in the software through which they installed malware and crypto miners on several unguarded systems.
Plus, the reported use by terrorists and propagandists to expand their unethical communities discredit the reputation of the app and this has contributed to being a major reason as to why it has been banned in a number of countries.
This has made experts question Telegram’s Their end-to-end encryption claim to be true or not. This has contributed majorly for many individuals opting to deactivate their telegram account.
If you’re concerned and want to leave the platform, we’ve got just the right thing you need. Let’s lay our e eyes upon the step-by-step guide to help you permanently delete your telegram account.
How To Delete Telegram Account Permanently?
There are 2 ways of deleting your Telegram account that you can use. Here, we’ll be showing you how to do it from both ways.
Deleting the Telegram Account through Self-Destruction
By self-destruction, you can automate the deletion easily. Here, Telegram offers you a way to automatically delete the account without you having to manually do it.
Here’s how you can do it –
1. Log into your Telegram account.
2. Tap on the three bars you see on the top-left hand corner.
3. Now, go to the “Settings” tab.
4. Click on “Privacy and Security” tab.
5. Scroll down to the “Advanced” section.
6. Here, you can see 2 options –
- Delete all Cloud Drafts, and
- Delete my account if away for
Click on the second option – Delete my account if away for
7. Now, you can see different time frames. –
1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.
8. You can choose the time you want to set for the self-destruction by tapping on it.
For example, let’s say you chose 1 month. Now, if you don’t use your account continuously for one month, Telegram will automatically delete your account.
9. Just tap on the time duration and That’s it! Your job’s done.
Deleting the Telegram Account Manually
Telegram gives you an option of manually deleting your account as well. But, you can not delete your Telegram account manually from the app. For doing that, you need to visit the web.
Here’s the process you need to follow for the purpose –
1. Open your browser and visit the Telegram Deactivation Page. Use the link provided here.
2. Now, type in your phone number associated with the account you want to delete with the correct international format and click Next.
3. You will receive a confirmation code on the mobile number you just typed in. You need to write that code in the space given.
4. On the next screen, you will encounter this page given below where you will be asked to put in your mobile number.
You can enter a reason as to why you are leaving the platform in the space given below.
5. Once you’re done typing in the number and giving a valid reason, click on DONE.
6. A pop-up will appear that will ask you permission to delete you account for the final time. Click on “Yes, Delete my account“.
7. That’s it! Your Telegram account is permanently deleted!
Just like Whatsapp, you can also take a backup of your data in Telegram. And before you proceed to delete your Telegram account, it is advisable to take a backup of your Telegram chats and data.
It is because in case you decide you need to get back to the app or if you want to access something important from the data, you can do that.
So, don’t forget to take a backup of your data for convenience.
To Sum up,
It is all a matter of a few clicks to Permanently delete your Telegram. You just need to know the right steps and above provided guide will help you in every way possible.
Telegram has been in questions regarding its security commitments. And the fact that it has been banned in a number of countries make it even more difficult for users to trust its credibility which is why people are opting to deactivate Telegram from their devices.
But Telegram has done a lot of upgrades in recent years, the Secret chat being the best among those. But how Telegram regains its trust back from the people is something that can be answered in the long run only!